Preparing for Advising Appointment
As you plan to attend your summer orientation session, you will need to complete the following steps to prepare for your one-on-one advising appointment. Write down questions you have. If they are not answered in the overview video or in the guidebooks please ask them at your appointment.
- Check your UARK email account. You will receive an email from UASuccess Calendar 5
days prior to your orientation session with your specific one-on-one advising appointment
time. The email will contain information on your initial math placement based on ACT
and SAT scores on file. You will use this information to complete the Fall Math Verification
Form in Step 3.
- Watch the Orientation Overview video to learn about the Data Science Program and begin the orientation advising process.
- Complete the Fall Math Verification Form to determine your starting math class. Then you will watch the video below that pertains to your fall math class:
- Watch the State Minimum Core Requirements video to learn about the requirements specific for data science degrees.
- Watch the General Semester Information video to learn about credit hours, scholarship renewal requirements, FERPA 3rd Party Release, 8 semester degree completion program, and UAConnect notifications.
- Watch the Honors College video to learn more about joining the Honors College.
- Complete the Data Science Pre-Advising Form to provide your advisor with information necessary to prepare for your advising appointment
and plan your fall schedule. This form should be completed at least 24 hours before your advising appointment.
- Read the Student Guidebook in its entirety prior to your one-on-one advising appointment.
- Familiarize yourself with UAConnect. You can view tips for help with UAConnect.