Data Science Orientation FAQs
How do I release my Pre-Registration Hold?
- Login to UAConnect and click on the Notifications Click on To Do’s then click on Student Financials Agreement. Follow the prompts until the end to acknowledge your financial agreement with the
University of Arkansas.
How do I release my MMR/Immunization Hold?
- Send your immunization records to the Pat Walker Health Center.
How do I add, drop or swap a class?
- If you are enrolled in the correct class but want a different time, your options for
a new time will be limited to what is available that fits in your current schedule.
As the summer goes along, sections of classes may fill quickly. We recommend that
you do not DROP your class. If you want a different time for a class, you can SWAP
the class. Swapping classes ensures that you can still be enrolled in your original
time in case there is an problem trying to change times. This can happen if your desired
section fills quickly or has a time conflict with another course in your schedule.
- For directions on adding, dropping or swapping classes, refer to the UAConnect and
Schedule Planner instructions or the UAConnect Student Knowledge Center for assistance.
- If you are still having trouble, send an email from your UARK account to email@example.com for assistance. Include your student ID number as well as any questions or issues.
How do I get an override on a class?
- If you received a temporary math override during advising, you may require an override
for DASC, MATH, PHYS, or CHEM courses. You should follow the steps for a temporary
math override. If you are still having trouble, send an email from your UARK account
to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Include your student ID number as well as any questions or issues.
- If you require an override for another subject than listed above, you will have to contact the department that the class is offered through directly.
I am a Data Science major and tried to sign-up for one of my required courses and it said “instructor approval.”
- DASC 1001 Introduction to Data Science I, DASC 1104 Programming Languages for Data Science both have instructor consent this year to manage enrollment in the courses. If you were advised to enroll in either of these courses and they were not added to your schedule within 1 business day, please email email@example.com for assistance. Include your student ID number as well as any questions or issues.
I am supposed to take the MGMT 2053 (Business Foundations) but I am not sure which section to sign-up for.
- Section 004 has been reserved for Data Science students. This section has instructor
consent. If you have been advised to take this course and it was not added to your
schedule within 1 business day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Include your student ID number as well as any questions or issues.
How do I find out if my scores for tests (AP, ACT, SAT, ALEKS, etc.) have posted?
- From your UAConnect Student Homepage, click on Academic Records tile, then click on Other Academics and Academic Test Summary to see ACT, SAT, AP, CLEP, IB and ALEKS test scores.
Which classes count as Gen Ed?
- You can find the General Education Curriculum which satisfies the State Minimum Core
Requirements on pages 8-9 of the Student Guidebook.
Do I need a lab with my Chem 1103 class?
- No, you do not need the lab.
What is the PHYS or CHEM class that is showing up on my schedule in the evenings?
- That is a blocked exam time. You will only meet for those when you have an exam. CHEM
1103 University Chemistry I has exams on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm. PHYS
2054 and PHYS 2074 University Physics I & II have exams on Thursday evenings from
Do I need to take UNIV 1001 University Perspectives?
- Data Science students take DASC 1001 Introduction to Data Science instead of University
The class I want is full, can I add myself to the waitlist?
- We do not recommend you using waitlist. With waitlist you are not actually enrolled
in the class and have no guarantee of getting into it. Instead, find an open class
that you works with your schedule.
How can I start in a higher math class?
- If you are not currently qualified to start in Calculus I, we recommend that you take
the ALEKS math placement exam to increase your math preparedness and possibly your starting math class. Please
refer to pages 13 & 17 in the Student Guidebook for information on determining your
initial math placement as well as information on how to receive an override into a
How do I find out who my advisor is?
- Karl Schubert is the advisor for all Data Science students. You can send an email
from your UARK account to email@example.com for assistance. Include your student ID number as well as any questions or issues.
How do I sign up for housing?
- You will need to contact University Housing for all information regarding your housing assignment.
How do I apply for the Honors College?
- View the directions online to apply to the Honors College.
How do I find out what my scholarship requirements are?
- The Academic Scholarship Office manages requirements for University of Arkansas scholarships and New Arkansan Non-Resident
- The Arkansas Department of Higher Education manages requirements for the Arkansas Challenge and Governor’s Distinguished Scholarships.